EyeSaaS Release Notes
EyeSaaS is in continuous development. Regular feature and maintenance releases are rolled out automatically to all customers.
April 6, 2017
- Added an Export function to all tables. You can export the entire Inventory, the Audit Log, all users, all firmwares, and so on to .csv format—or perform a search, then export just the subset in the results (the Export button will automatically export only the results if you have already performed a search).
- Improved the display and performance of Inventory, Audit Log, Users, and Firmware listings in Control Center
- Searching now includes every entry.
- Searching, browsing, and listing is snappier.
- It is no longer possible to delete a firmware version that is in use by a policy.
March 9, 2017
This release adds support for importing devices to EyeSaaS in bulk, using a .csv file.
For information on the feature and formatting requirements for the import file, see Bulk Manage Devices.
January 26, 2017
Pearl only: This release resolves the SSID/password settings issue from the previous release and hides diagnostics from Customer Center that are not supported by Air 4920.
January 20, 2017
This release adds two new services to the platform:
- EyeSaaS Pearl for wi-fi management and insight is now live and out of beta
- EyeSaaS Amber is an ACS service for CPE management that can also be combined with Pearl
Axiros AXESS software components have been upgraded to version 3.8.
Changes to Control Center and Steel API
- A new Audit Log feature lets administrators see all operations performed on devices and users through Control Center and API.
- It is now possible to delete, not just unregister, devices from inventory. When deleting a device, all device-related IDs are removed from the server. Note that if the device contacts the server again, it will show up as unregistered.
- The statistics for registered and unregistered devices on dashboard are now presented as pie charts.
- Added “Device WAN IP” to the Inventory table.
- Removed “Last Updated” from the Inventory table as more helpful information on this can now be pulled from the Audit Log.
- Adjusted password requirements for WPA2 to align with devices.
- Made improvements to multiple error messages.
- Temporarily removed the voice service.
Setting SSID, password, and channel on Air 4920 from Customer Center does not work.
July 7, 2016
The very first public release of the EyeSaaS service platform includes the following.
The ZyXEL One Connect ACS service is live, with two licensing options:
- Basic–Control Center only
- Advanced–Control Center and Customer Center
The EyeSaaS Pearl service is in closed beta.
Device management and insight through batch operations:
- Dashboard for quick reports and status overviews, such as devices that have been in contact with the server during the last 24 hours.
- Monitoring: Further insight into your install base.
- Inventory: Add devices for management. For details, see How Device Management Works.
- Firmware: See the firmware versions already deployed, and set up and monitor firmware upgrade policies. For details, see How Firmware Management Works.
- Configuration: Configure devices by adding services to them. Currently supported services include voice and WLAN.
- Users: Add and manage users on your EyeSaaS server instance. For details, see How User Management Works.
Realtime interaction with single devices. Customer support representatives and others can use Customer Center for:
- Extensive status and configuration information per device.
- Automatic highlighting of potentially problematic areas and configurations.
- Diagnostic tools for live troubleshooting, such as:
- Ping check from device to address of your choice.
- Reboot device.
- Reset device to factory default.
- Update firmware.
Note that not all features are available for all devices. This generally depends on the standards compliance of the device. Devices that are not able to support all features will have a compatibility level of Legacy. More about how Customer Center works.
Any Control Center operation can also be performed through EyeSaaS Steel API, which allows companies to integrate EyeSaaS services with their own OSS/BSS.
Standards and Technologies
Support for TR-069, TR-098, TR-104, TR-106, TR-135, TR-140, TR-157, and TR-181. More about standards support in EyeSaaS.
HTTPS supported for device communication (when also supported by the device).
Axiros AXESS software components: Version 3.7.